"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Weird Light at Manitou Beach

Weird Light at Manitou Beach

I went on a photo expedition recently at Revvin’s Roam,
‘Manitou’s Inspirational Cocoon’, here at the
Resort Village of Manitou Beach.

We’re in the process of putting together a brochure...a
flyer.

As previously discussed at angelic-encounters.blogspot.com, a group of five of us have been meeting on a regular basis to lay plans for a mutual venue. A place that has a certain vibrational vitality that will suit as a friendly, un-intimidating space with a welcoming spirit. It’s kinda cool, really. We will showcase the CD Single ‘I Believe’ there, as well as feature live Skyaak demonstrations. We’re baking cookies in our groovy Solar Oven. ( Look Ma, no plug! ) More on this later.



I was working on the final edit of the afore-mentioned brochure when I noticed a ‘weird light’ in one of the pictures. As I zoomed in on it, it looked stranger and stranger. Incidentally, I had my camera set on ‘macro’ so the definition is quite good. When I adjusted the original photo to a higher resolution, I was rewarded with a very clear image of a ‘shaft of light’ that travels into the picture from the right-hand side. It can be seen piercing through the space in between two slender trees, and then it focuses on a lone tree trunk. Where the ‘shaft of light’ concentrates on the lone tree trunk, it can be clearly seen to intensify in luminosity.

This could all be easily explained away as merely a pretty picture of a thin ray of sunlight. That was what I naturally thought it was before I took a more careful look. When you look at the wooden lawn chair to the left-hand side of the picture, you’ll see the left face of it bathed in sunlight, the right side in lavender shadow. The edge of the rock-lined pool is also washed in bright sunlight. In both instances, you can plainly see from which direction the sun shines. The light source is from the left, shining to the right.




















The ‘shaft of light’ cannot be explained as a ray of sunshine, because it inconveniently shines into the face of the sun. From another source. Maybe a mirror? Don’t think so, the trajectory doesn’t figure. The light is coming from about a 45 degree pitch. It could be a projected light of some sort, or else a ‘stand-alone’ phenomenon, that exists more or less solely inside the flukey picture. I’m just happy that I even took a second look at this curiosity. I wonder what caused this weird errant strand of light hovering where it ought not to be. I am posting a clearer, larger zoom so you can see for yourself. This photo is not retouched. Things that make you go hmm...

Now that I have seen the RODS DVD, my perception is maybe a bit heightened to the visual cues? I'm not sure if I would have even noticed this anomoly if it weren't for the RODS DVD. It's like I have learned a new visual language that my mind can comprehend where before my exposure to the RODS DVD, this would have remained luking invisible to my eye's understanding.

No comments: