"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

SKYAAK after Leonardo

SKYAAK after Leonardo
Remember, I am first and foremost an artist, and Skyaak is my muse. I am posting one of my more adventurous renderings, from 2004:


As a kid, Leonardo was always my greatest hero and creative influence. His great work, thoughts and super-creative mind still exerts a huge influence on my thinking to this day. The most important lesson I have learned from Leonardo is to not be afraid to try something different, even if one knows fully well that certain ideas will not be easy to flesh out. Conditions have to be just right... lots of different things must coincide... and there must be a receptive, fertile mind-set that is willing to persevere in spite of the rather wearisome fact that a lot of people and institutions tend to prefer to do things the way they've always been done. Change is difficult to enact sometimes, because a LOT of inertia must be overcome. Ever try to get a huge boulder moving up hill? Ya gotta have some heavy-duty equipment to play with! So bring on the front-end loader!

Later, M.

No comments: