"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Thursday, June 22, 2006

SKYAAK to get ‘Speeding Ticket’

Skyaak to get ‘Speeding Ticket’
from RCMP

The Skyaak Model 3 holds natural appeal and fascination to the athletically-inclined. If you’re not that great at throwing, or simply have no interest in a cool new throw and catch activity, then most likely Skyaak is NOT FOR YOU. On the other hand, it is very likely that you know several people who would just LOVE Skyaak, once they got their hands on one.

This project has so much incredible potential for exponential growth. I can feel the ‘Tipping Point’ is getting closer and closer. Here’s the thing: when I get a little flash of inspiration with the Skyaak project, and then go ahead and act on it, magical things happen. It’s like the universe is steadily showering the project with positive energy. But I have to animate it to some degree.

For instance: I came up with this idea a while back now to approach the local detachment of the RCMP and ask if they would be willing to do a series of RADAR SPEED CHECKS on Skyaak throws.
Well, I made a call this afternoon to one of our Constables in Watrous, and whaddayano, the officer sounded very friendly towards the idea and is checking with his Staff Sargent to work out the logistics for next week. I have now checked with a couple of my fellow Skyaak enthusiasts and they are pumped to come along to a "Skyaak Throw off" that will be officially clocked by an RCMP officer with a radar gun. The officer will issue a reading for each throw, and when we’re done s/he will announce who’s throw is fastest.

How freakin’ cool is that?

I am going to do my absolute best to win the crown, and to hang onto it for as long as possible.
I have a few technical tricks up my sleeve that I will take full advantage of.

On August 12th the Resort Village of Manitou Beach is revitalizing the once-famous "Manitou Beach Relay Race", and now we are laying plans to host the first-ever "Skyaak Meet" in
conjunction with this event- where you meet up with fellow Skyaak enthusiasts to show off your Skyaak SKILLS by entering various events to qualify to WIN CASH and SKYAAK PRODUCT PRIZES!

Some of the events will include: 1) Speed 2) Distance 3) Accuracy 4) Relay Races

My great friend Murray Gordon, who is a former Recreation Board Director, sat down with me a while ago to help pull together the rough draft that explains in detail the protocol for an exciting, organized 'Skyaak Book of Rules'
(w. Diagrams, etc.). What we have done is actually visualize how Skyaak could become a multi-faceted competitive sport, as well as a social event that fosters technical/skills development. I must say that Mur gets big points for agreeing to drop in and help put the thing down on paper. Thanks to this constructive, focused energy, the concept is now out of our heads and a huge step closer to becoming reality. Isn’t that the whole idea of this family of projects? Like, that’s a no-brainer!

The next step is obviously to flesh this out. The Manitou Beach Relay will be a great testing ground for me and Mur’s ideas. Like a large-scale, living laboratory.

Stay tuned as the Skyaak project continues to gain traction!

Later,
Michael




2 comments:

Dylan Cooke said...

This sounds really cool, Michael!

If this event happens on a weekend, I'll see if I can be there and give my arm a try to see how fast I can get that Skyaak going.

I'm also excited to hear about The Manitou Beach Relay.. it sounds like a lot of fun!

Catch ya later,

D

Michael R. Gaudet said...

Hey Dylan. I have no clue at this moment when the Speed Check will take place. I haven't heard back from the RCMP yet. I hope the guy I spoke with can pull it together. I think it would be great fun, both as an 'event' and so we get to find out how fast we're throwing it!