"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Skyaak as Artist's Muse

Skyaak as Artist’s Muse

Seeing as how Skyaak has asserted itself in the center of my artistic life and expression, it’s only fitting that I appreciate the rich potential of the image to draw upon its unique visual nature and conceptual base. I am enjoying this creative journey as something beyond time and space, and revel in the reality that I can share the images and ideas instantly with a potentially world-wide audience. Personally, I don’t give a hoot if this body of thought and work ever reaches the mainstream of so-called critical acclaim. It just doesn’t matter! I’m generating a certain amount of steadily increasing recognition within certain intelligent and receptive circles that totally ‘bakes my cake’.

Besides, I have a full-time day-job that provides all the financial stability that we need to do just fine, thank you very much. So I get to treat the Skyaak project with a certain detached air of pure creative bliss. How cool is that? Put it this way... I will never EVER sacrifice the depth of integrity that I firmly believe is central to the project. I am innocent of ulterior motives. I’m doing this strictly for the intellectual and spiritual stimulation. And as a rather huge bonus, I am making steady amazing progress connecting up with world-wide enthusiasts in the scientific and design communities. The Skyaak project has a certain purity at its heart and soul that will remain non-negotiable. Bearing this in mind, I will carry on with my explorations of the methodology of ‘Art that Flies’, and the concept of ‘Where Art meets Science’. Not only do I get a charge out of creating an ongoing series of images based on the Skyaak design, I also more importantly continue to develop the design rationale for the actual flying device. It’s not much of a stretch to see that there are some obvious metaphors at work here.

It’s only a matter of time before my intuition leads me to the critically important connections that will further enrich and crystalize the project. As well, I am zeroing in on the skill-sets that I will soon implement to allow me to reach a very wide audience outside of the traditional ‘gallery’ and beyond the scope of the ‘art critics’. I sure won’t hold my breath waiting for academic art critics to wrap their heads around what I’m doing. I just don’t care. In this instance, I get to be the snob. Ha ha, I beat them to the punch!

Here's my latest creation:








No comments: