"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Skyaak Blog Linked to Home-Page

Skyaak Blog Linked to Home-Page

Visitors to
www.skyaak.com will now see a new sign-in option that automatically links them to this blog. We have done this because so many people have told me that they want to find out more about this unique invention, and I feel that the best way to provide this valuable information is through the blogosphere. Blogging is so cool. You get to instantly publish all of your ideas: some good, some fairly lame and some that sizzle. Seeing as how I am a visually-oriented person with a background ( and present) saturated with art training and practice, I really appreciate the fact that I can freely publish any images that I want. Within the bounds of good taste of course.

A while back, I wrote a 12-stanza poem that I originally called "The Inventor’s Creed". This poem was recognized by nearly everyone that read it as a little jewel of inspiration. The thing was written to encourage people ( including myself) who are toiling away in relative obscurity to stick with their ideas and to persevere until it goes from the simple idea phase into full-blown REAL reality. That is the whole driving force behind the
Skyaak project in particular, but as it has turned out, the poem has appealed to a very broad cross-section of people that have heard it.

I got so much positive feedback from all my friends, neighbors and loved ones to this simple poem that I decided to take the leap to the next level with it and record a musical version of it with the able assistance of Gene Angers. Gene is a good friend of mine who has a background as a singer/songwriter. He set the piece to music and we changed the name to "I Believe".


Here it is:

I Believe

I believe in the power of creativity
and the power of a Higher Being.
I believe angels all around me
are eager to help me in times of need.

I believe in my own powers of decision
and making up my own mind.
I believe in perseverance
and not taking ‘no’ for an answer.

I believe in my ideas
and I will not be discouraged by cynics.
I believe in friends
who believe in me.

I believe in the stroke of genius
and the ‘aha!’ experience.
I believe in my heroes
and emulate their courage in my life.

I believe I can defy the odds
and change the world.
I believe I can make a difference
with my own two hands.

I believe that if I believe
I give myself permission
to be happy in my heart
and strong in my spirit!

I believe in reaching out to the world
by expressing myself
In whatever medium
I freely choose.

I believe I can launch my ideas
with dedication and commitment.
I believe my ideas will be appreciated
by the people that really matter.

I believe everyone has a soul-mate
and a life-path to follow.
I believe that we are here for a reason
and that is to nurture our creative spirits.

I believe in a community of friends
who share common ideals.
I believe in working together
and getting results.

I believe in clarity
and a blazing conviction.
I believe in passion
and an eagerness to work.

I believe in humor and laughter and joy
especially when times are tough.
I believe in the fertility of the universe
and the abundance of opportunity for all.



The result of our creative collaboration is a CD Single called, you guessed it, "I Believe". If this is something you would like to find out more about, visit
theahaexperience.com You will find a free MP3 sample download there of the song, as well as a free printer-friendly version of the poster that I have designed to showcase the poem.

I wanted to post the artwork that I created for the front of the CD. This is actually a front view of a spinning Skyaak.... a suitable motif for a song about believing in one’s ideas, don’t you think? This motif is repeated on the actual CD, so every time it gets played, the artwork spins like mad. It’s like the Skyaak gets taken out for a metaphorical ‘spin’ every time it’s played all around the world. Whoooooo! Deep stuff!


It’s just my playful artistic spirit having fun exploring different dimensions of a concept.

No comments: