"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

SKYAAK Lands in San Francisco




After I sent the Skyaak package off to Bill Gurstelle of ‘Adventures from the Technology Underground’ fame, and he’d had a chance to fly them around with his buddies at the local gym between basketball games, he told me I oughta send some samples off to his friend Mark Frauenfelder, Editor-in-Chief of Make Magazine in San Francisco. Bill is a regular contributor to Make Magazine. I just got my first copy and it is packed with great articles on inventors and inventions. Man, there is some way cool stuff out there! And Make seems to have their editorial fingers right on the pulse of it.

Every time I open up my copy of Make, I find an article or feature that never fails to impress. There’s a picture and story of a gal from Denmark who has created a wee little self-contained, totally portable house. It rolls around like a giant donut. How cool is that?

There’s a complete illustrated plan for a residential wind-powered generator. My wife and I have been dreaming about this forever. Now we can sink our teeth into it with plans on hand.

Anyway, I did send Mark a package quite a while back and he has now informed me that he has it in his hands. Yesterday he dropped me a line to let me know that a) he had it, and b) he was going to watch the demo DVD that I included in his pkg to get insights into how to maximize his Skyaak experience. I am so thrilled that Mark has expressed an interest in my invention, and also pretty pumped that Bill likes it so much that he has turned me on to this amazing connection.

On another front, I sent an e-mail yesterday to of the producer of CKOM am radio to share some links with her that would help he understand the story behind Skyaak and the CD single ‘I Believe’. She has already e-mailed me back with a very positive-sounding response, says she will tell her host all about it, and then expressed an interest in sitting down for a coffee ASAP. Hmmm.. This is all good. Then there’s the guy from Global TV. He’s calling in the next couple of days for an update with an eye towards producing a ‘feature length’ TV article.
Should be fun, exciting and highly stimulating times.
Later,
Michael

No comments: