"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dylan on 'Why does Skyaak Fly?'
































Regarding the Skyaak's flight... I think what makes it most interesting is the way the Skyaak seems to soar of it's own accord when launched properly. Mark may not be giving it the last little 'flick' that's needed, or perhaps might not be using the proper trajectory... because when I use a sidearm throw, and give it that last little 'flick' with my fingers, it sends the Skyaak soaring about 60-70 feet (or more if I really wind up), and halfway through the flight the Skyaak seems to take on a mind of it's own, self-correcting it's flight path until it reaches it's destination.I believe this is because of the ring-wing's correcting the flight of the Skyaak. They keep the shaft from flipping end over end, as well as from going out of control and hitting the ground. Also, a simple shaft would be harder to catch than something with wings on either end, which make the 'landing' (into the receiving partner's hand) safer and more controlled.These are a couple reasons why I feel the ring-wings are important, and why I believe the Skyaak flies as good as it does.

Dylan Cooke

No comments: