"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Power of Forums

The Power of Forums

I’ve been active in a few different forums that I’ve been greeted in with some hospitality. It feels really good to actually get friendly, chatty notes from your fellow post-ers. When you get into a back and forth dialogue with other members of the community, you will see that it is well worth the prolonged effort. You will notice the synergistic energy expands as more thought is invested in an idea. The more thought directed to a certain objective, within a time-frame, the more enhanced is the probability of success. When they are working at their best, forums create a dynamic laser-like focus that may accomplish untold, undreamed-of results.

When there is an easy chemistry between you and the forum members and administration, all kinds of wonderful energy can be generated.

So come on, people, comment often and regular-like to get the most out of this wonderful networking tool!

It is not my intention to look gaudy by posting my user name like this. I just want to ‘reach out and touch’ as many people as possible with this message, because I want to share my story with you. I have a strong hunch that there are many potential readers of these words that will empathize with some of the nuggets I will unveil shortly. I sincerely invite you to contact me with any comments or suggestions that you might have to this post.

About 27 years ago, I nearly died of chronic, end-stage renal failure in Toronto at age 19.

But it was not to be. Mysterious circumstances steered me back from the brink.

FYI, the ‘aha’ experience that saved the day has been chronicled here.

I’m a professional artist who designs and paints huge historical murals all across Canada.

To view selected personal and commissioned artwork, please click on Gallery Gaudet at www.ArtAffectsDesign.com

In the past few years, I have diversified into inventing and designing a unique ‘Ring-Wing’ flying device called ‘Skyaak’. You can see this intriguing device at www.skyaak.com The Skyaak Model 3 has been scooped up by Long Island NY-based www.NewDaVincis.com

This blog seems to be attracting more traffic all the time. Which is kind of cool because it is totally fluid in nature. Obviously, I can instantly add a post to my blog. And Ping it. This activity attracts web-crawlers that drive up your search-engine rankings.

The cool-est thing about a blog is that the whole process is practically spontaneous. As in the ‘Speed of Thought’. Our daughter Ilara had a revelation about this when she was younger. We were talking about the speed of light, which is pretty darn fast. This was regarding an exuberant discussion about time-travel, I think.

Ilara sagely observed: “ The speed of light is fast, but the speed of thought is faster! It’s spontaneous!”

Likewise, the online BLOG-ing revolution and now the HOT NEW BUZZ around FORUMS is pretty much a real-time activity that has the amazing potential to... wait for it...

“STRIKE while the IRON is HOT”

Right now ( think ‘The Precious Present’) folks, like NO OTHER TIME in HISTORY, we have the collective ability to really dream big. Think of the mind-blowing accomplishments of the past fifty years and then permit yourself the luxury of summing up all of the advances to have a wee peek at where this mega-colossus called the net with all its inertia is heading. What’s ahead? The prospects are extremely tantalizing to the adventurous mind.

From my point of view, the most powerful result of networking is that it has the potential to be a bit of a leveling field. Where a lot boils down to how you come across as a human be-ing. Isn’t that what it’s really all about? Isn’t that the true power of opening communicating with people, and sincerely inviting a two-way, three-way, etc threads of communication?

So really, the whole thing depends on you, to strike out and say ‘Hi’ to as many folks as often as you can. We’ve all seen the notes from forum administrators urging us to post daily for maximum results. I think that is great advice.

Cool?

TTYSoon, I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael!

I really like your posts on forums, as I too BELIEVE in forum posting as a tremendous means of building new friends, a sense of community and belonging in an isolated internet world, and a way of building momentum by developing friendships, joint venture opportunities, and giving something of value to your future customers!

I know you've read my recent article on building momentum, but I'd like to share it here too for anyone interested. The link is:
Make Money Online By Building Momentum

Good work on your blog and I'm glad you found your a-ha moment!

Cheers,

Liane Bate
HonestMoneyMaking.com's Home Business Blog

Michael R. Gaudet said...

Hi Liane. Thanks for the post. It means a lot coming from a person such as yourself with such a nice, professional web-page. I have visited your site and think it is very well-done.

Stay well,
M.