This blog has been experiencing a steadily GROWING number of visitors. The door counter tells me that the visitors here are now substantially more numerous than the visitors to www.skyaak.com. Several months ago, I bought a workbook and CDs from Internet Marketing Center called Blogging for Dollars. I have not gone into the blood and guts of the course with a vengence... just started up this blog with the idea of increasing awareness around Skyaak. Well folks, I'm here to tell you that the idea is sound, and I can attest that there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the whole blogging wave is a surefire way to get out the word to people about a new product or idea.
Anyone who thinks that blogging is merely online vanity is just freaking naive! Chances are this attitude comes from people who lack the self-confidence to put their credibility on the line in a public forum. Put it this way, dude... I don't have the patience OR the interest to try to convert people that are still mired in self-doubt that blogging is a super-powerful tool to accomplish a lot of very exciting things. And establishing an open line of communication with potential friends and customers is not a bad start.
Not to mention, there are multiple techniques to create a huge buzz around a product while at the same time driving your rankings up higher and higher on the search engines. This means that you and your product become steadily more visible and therefore accessible to a wider potential market.
I'm going into this a little bit just to warm up the topic. I've been so slam busy lately with projects, working my hump off at my day job, and just life in general that I haven't really gotten into focusing entirely on all of the information that I have accumulated from the Internet Marketing Center. You know how sometimes it takes time to ingest big piles of information?
I haven't rushed into this because as explained, I have been just so busy with other stuff. And I also want to get it right when I decide it is time to really jump into it. Better to have a really strong foundation with all the proverbial ducks lined up, before launching your idea.
Hey, I'm not complaining or making excuses! Life is grand and it's all good!
I firmly believe that the Skyaak project is in the dynamic process of taxi-ing down a sort of extended runway in preparation for a LIFT-OFF! Www.NewDaVincis.com is the latest agency to contribute energy towards accomplishing this momentum. As we all know, it takes a LOT of ENERGY to overcome gravity and become airborne! It is a great feeling to see that this is happening AS WE SPEAK, and it will only be a matter of time before Skyaak goes from being relatively obscure to 'tipping' into the public consciousness.
As anybody with half a brain knows, any Joe Blow can come up with a brilliant idea
(or not) and then proceed to sit on it while whining to anybody that will listen that the world is indifferent to their genius. Cry me a river. It's obvious that ya gotta know a thing or two about marketing, and ya gotta have some very specific skill sets to move your pet idea from out of your mental closet into the real world. This has always been the case throughout time. It's just that nowadays we have amazing access to marketing tools that give us the opportunity to reach a potentially world-wide audience without neccesarily being a multi-million dollar corporation. Like any other worthwhile undertaking, this process takes a lot of effort, focus, dedication and energy. A large healthy dose of self-belief and confidence is also a non-negotiable MUST. Of course, it never hurts to actually have a very cool concept or invention to go along with with all the abstract things I mention.
I'm talking about the complete package here, folks. Style and form with great execution.
Well, there's my Saturday morning ramble.
P.S. Visit www.NewDaVincis.com to check out the cool new Skyaak Model 3. It is very prominent throughout the site as FEATURE PRODUCT. Wouldn't it be cool for you to be the first kid on your block to toss your very own Skyaak Model 3 around with your buddies? Over and out.
"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment