SKYAAK to Demo at
National Horseshoe Championships
I got a call a couple of days ago from one of the co-ordinators of the upcoming National Horseshoe Championships to be held right here at the Resort Village of Manitou Beach in Saskatchewan, Canada. I was invited to demonstrate and market the Skyaak Model 3 in the ‘big tent’ that will be set up for the occasion. This is a splendid opportunity, custom-made really, to achieve concentrated exposure to a ‘captive audience’ that is already very inclined towards an activity like the ‘Throw and Catch’ action of Skyaak.
I am really looking to this dynamic exchange and I will take lots of photos to post on this blog.
I think it’s very cool that my Skyaak invention is beginning to generate some high-profile local interest that may very well catapult it into the national limelight. I will keep you posted.
On another note, I sent a Skyaak package off to Dan Tyroler of www.NewDaVincis.com at Long Island NY by express post yesterday. He ought to have it in his hands within five business days.
I will be very interested to hear what he has to say about it. I should mention that Dan is an electronics engineer who has expressed an interest in fast-tracking the R&D of my invention. Dan told me that he has sold the rights to one of his own inventions. I think that he did very well with that transaction, as he now has gone ahead and formed the famous www.patents4sale.com. Dan obviously knows his marketing, as this web-page is very prominently listed in all the major search engines. He has mused out loud about the possibility of setting up an R&D fund to rocket my Skyaak invention ahead on its trajectory towards its ‘inevitable success’. I have told him about our initial seven ‘Angel Investors’ that fueled the early development of the prototype, and he listened attentively.
I believe Dan recognizes the great potential of the product, and the alluring possibility that it is getting closer and closer to the phenomenon explained so lucidly by Malcolm Gladwell in his excellent book "The Tipping Point". I would recommend Mr. Gladwell’s book as a ‘must read’ to anybody interested in the introduction of a new idea or product to the market-place. "The Tipping Point" is, in my opinion, a classic work that explores the dynamic process that happens when a small group of committed individuals decide to put their energy and support behind an idea or product because they are passionate about it! In this world, passion goes a long way to instill an idea into the consciousness, because it is real, heartfelt and sincere. There is no better way to convince somebody ( or many, many somebodies) that an idea has merit than to simply express your passion for it.
This is precisely why I was so excited a few months ago when William Gurstelle,Minneapolis-based best-selling author of "Adventures from the Technology Underground", said that he thinks Skyaak is "Incredibly cool!" He said much more than this of course, but you get the idea. This is very high praise from a very respectable source!
Later,
Michael.
"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
This is looking very promising, Michael!
I definitely agree that we are getting closer to the tipping point, as you mentioned. I'm confident that the latest contacts you have made will propel this project into the spotlight!
Look out World; here comes Skyaak!
Post a Comment