"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007: The Year of the DREAM TEAM

2007: The Year of the DREAM TEAM!

I was joking around with my buddy Gene yesterday and we decided that 2006 was the “Year of the Mini-Van”, because that’s when we both graduated from relatively beat off vehicles to late model mini-vans. I know that the vehicle a guy drives is fairly superficial in the ‘big picture’, but let me tell you, it is a real confidence-booster to pull up to a business meeting in a snazzy, ultra-modern vehicle. Or a social event. You get the idea...

That aside, I decided on the spot that 2007 will be the “Year of the DREAM TEAM”. I’ve been thinking and reading about this a LOT lately, and obviously have taken major steps in this direction already.

I have gotten my hands on the great book by Robert G. Allen (multi-millionaire best-selling author of Nothing Down) and Mark Victor Hansen (co-author of
Chicken Soup for the Soul, and fellow multi-millionaire) called
The ONE MINUTE MILLIONAIRE.

Wow.


What a great book. I devoured it in 3 evenings.


This is fascinating stuff:

“An enlightened millionaire is a person who always strives to be the best they can be, who knows no boundaries, and knows that there can be abundance for all. They know that creativity is unlimited. That the application of creativity to everyday needs is the basis of providing value, which in turn creates wealth. They live in balance. Their life is a life devoted to living and sharing abundance through service that allows them to give their unique gifts--for the benefit of themselves, their families, their communities and the world.

Robert G. Allen

I am particularly attracted to the concept of BENEFIT for myself, my family, my community and my world. For me, that is a real motivator. Who wouldn’t just love to leave a rich, powerful legacy to their family, community and the whole world as a result of their creativity and applied effort during a very fruitful lifetime? Think about it and put yourself in that position. Will the world be a better place because of YOUR amazing contribution? It certainly can be, but only if you step up to make it so!

Let it be known that I will be taking steps in the early days of 2007 to consolidate a functioning DREAM TEAM to forward the agenda of creating massive amounts of wealth for every member, while creating a stream of thoughtfully applied financing to charitable groups and/or causes that we all deem to be most pressing.

The following information was gleaned from the OMM:

Work Types - Revealed!!!

According to research done by Marie West and Allen Fahden, there are four categories into which most project-related work can be broken into.

Solutions - the brainstorming category; coming up with multiple ideas from different angles with options for potential problem solving and ways to snap opportunities

Strategies - the prioritizing category; choosing high priority options and creating a workable action plan

Analysis - discerning whether a solution is effective, and pointing out potential flaws in the plan

Results - changing the action plan into a step by step process which can be executed with ease

There are four types of worker which correlate with these four types of work.

Hare - These are the creative workers; they’re full of ideas, but they get easily bored once their ideas have been thought through. These are the workers who tend to lack in follow-through.

Owl - These are the strategists; they are the ones organizing, planning and making the connections needed to get the steps needed to launch an idea off the ground.

Turtle - These are the analysts; they have the skills to find flaws in the plan, and tend to avoid risk taking. The old saying applies to these workers, “Slow and steady...”

Squirrel - These are the workers who will execute the plan of action; they have an eye for detail, and are usually great with logistics. Give them a plan to follow, and you’ll be pleased with the results.

The ideal work team has at least one of each of these types, and usually each worker is predominantly one type or another. If working in a team of two, it is best to pair a Hare/Owl with a Turtle/Squirrel, or a Hare/Turtle with a Owl/Squirrel. If this is matched accurately, the efficiency will be maximized, if not, you will be sadly lacking in one area needed to succeed.
So, which type are you?

( Thanks to Ilara Stefaniuk-Gaudet for reading, ingesting and then recapitulating this information for us.)

Mark my words my friends, 2007 will be a big breakthrough year for the
“I Believe” project as well for Skyaak Enterprises. The challenge NOW is to pull together and start functioning as a DREAM TEAM so we all can BENEFIT handsomely from our concerted effort, in whatever form it takes!

To the top!

5 comments:

Success Self Help Tips said...

Michael

This sounds magnificent!

There's nothing more powerful than a group of likeminded individuals working together, to help each other individually, collectively, and with a commitment to also making our world a better place.

Joining forces like this creates great momentum ...

I wish you much success and fulfillment in this experience.

Kathy

Success Self Help Tips said...

Hi Michael

This sounds magnificent!

There is nothing more powerful than a group of likeminded individuals coming together to help each other individually, collectively, and with a commitment to make our world a better place.

Joining forces like this creates great momentum ...

I wish you much success, achievement, and great fulfillment through this experience.

Kathy

Michael R. Gaudet said...

Kathy

I literally FEEL the temperature rising around this whole thing.

I agree there is nothing more powerful than a group of like-minded people joining forces to advance an idea. That spawns others, etc., etc.

M

Ayelet Yedidia said...

Dear Michael,

I read the one minute millionaire about 3 years ago and loved it so! (to be more accurate, I read the story side of the book promising myself to go back for the other side of it, but I haven't yet - don't you just Love the concept of a book written like that?!)

Anyway, I am all for the concept of the enlightened millionaire and I love your dream team idea, so keep me posted...

Ayelet

Michael R. Gaudet said...

Hi Ayelet. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm. That means so much to me! I will be sure to introduce you and your writing to the members of the DREAM TEAM. I am delighted that you have read the story side of OMM. I read the OMM side! Different strokes, eh? I will certainly keep you posted...I enjoyed your latest post at the Warriors Forum.

Be.

Michael.