"Fun to Build and Fly, Challenging to Master!"

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Such is life...

A bit of background...As previously mentioned, my friend Brendan was going to get a young associate of his to present Skyaak at "Weaving with Light", a nano-technology conference being held in Melbourne. Brendan e-mailed me this AM feeling discouraged. His young pal 'wigged out' at the last minute and decided not to carry through with it. Such is the nature of youth, sometimes. They can be a fickle lot...and sometimes (though not always!!!) a bit unreliable. Hey! We all been there! So I wrote Brendan a bit of a morale booster in response:

Hi Brendan. I bet that was a hard letter for you to write. But thanks for filling me in. As I say, such is life...

Here's where the old expression kicks in: "Everything happens (or doesn't) for a reason."

Believe me, my friend, I have had a lot of rough landings ( mostly associated with people that do not follow through with their promises...) with this Skyaak trip. On the other hand, I have a burning faith that with perseverance and the right core group involved, it will sooner or later IGNITE and become a smash hit!

I guess I have to start putting more of that energy into the universe.

Did I mention that I have submitted Skyaak as a contender to appear on
"The Dragon's Den" ?

I have no clue when if ever they will get back to me. Ya gotta get short-listed to start with. One can only hope....

SOOOO...please do not get discouraged. This is only a very minor speed-bump, lol.

Onward and upward, I say!

Look, I want to make something perfectly clear to you. I see Skyaak as a literal and metaphorical 'vehicle' to create massive amounts of wealth for a core group of people that have the skills, the connections, the contacts, the confidence, etc. to get it off the ground and nurture it along through various ways and means for it to become a global, perennial BEST-SELLER. As Jim "the Brutalizer" Friedman says " Skyaak may REVOLUTIONIZE the Frisbee World". ( Incidentally, Jim is another one of these people who maybe lacks conviction. He hasn't responded to 3 little notes I sent him asking about nudging ahead with his ideas...it would be rather nice if he would. Let's hope he's OK. I would just love to hear from him, big time.)


Besides the unavoidable fact that I am madly in love with the Skyaak project, my intention is to attract the exact right people who can work together as a team to pull this together. I will invest whatever energy/resources etc that are necessary into the project to get it up and running and then reap the financial benefits ( along with my partners of course!) so that we can carry on to focus on CREATING ART for ART'S SAKE without the constant drag of $$$ concerns.

That' s not asking for too much, is it?

Brendan, once this thing is up and running, I promise you that I will cut you in on such a huge piece of the action that it will make yer head spin! No pun intended.

Let's go right ahead and create a group of Skyaak millionaires, shall we?

I am REALLY excited about your concept of introducing the thing to Slingshot as a "Social Enterprise". That is a genius idea. Can we make it work?

I bet such an enterprise would generate very favorable FREE publicity. Big time. And that, my friend, is really the key to success with this project. Publicity in newspapers, magazines and TV. Along with the core group to make the whole thing happen.

Right. Did you get the strobe light LED on the front of your Skyaak to work? I know it's a bit tricky. But I think it looks really cool.

In the meantime I am really pumped about Max doing photos. I am perfectly happy to pay him cash money so he can add this assignment to his "Paid Projects" portfolio. I realize how important it is for Max to advance his professional career and I respect that.

Gotta run, my friend. I will look forward to hearing more about your adventures with Skyaak in Melbourne.

Good luck with everything and hope to TTYSoon!

Love and Light,

Michael.

No comments: